Monday, November 12, 2012

My back pages

Very rarely do I allow myself to reach the back pages of my mind. That's where I store all the things from the past and present I really don't care to reread. But sometimes...
I have too. I need too. They remind me of the things that can't be repeated. I have an uncanny knack of what I like to call putting certain things in pockets of my mind. I have become an expert. Everything has a time and place. Like I said in my last post, I have some great things going on in my life right now. Dreams do come true. Hard work and a prayer. Keep doing the next right thing. That's the hardest part for me. Isn't that supposed to be the easy part? My self will runs riot even when I'm sober. That's where the pockets fit in. One problem at a time. All the rest go in their specific little home in my mind. That's how I do it and it works. When I feel overwhelmed I talk to my best friend. Which I have had to put n a pocket tonight. At least while I put kids to bed. Then I'll take it out and cry maybe laugh and then file it in my back pages.
Because...I have so many other things going right I don't have to dwell on the sadness of a lost soulmate. Fortunately I believe we have many soulmates. Not many true loves but thats for another time.
Like I say "make it happen, no one can do it for you".

No comments:

Post a Comment