Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Today

"She wasn't doing anything I could see except standing there, leaning on the balcony railing holding the universe together." ~J, D. Salinger


The traditional meaning of the owl spiritual animal is the announcer of death, symbolic of transition or change in ones life.

What a fascinating thought. The death of your old life and the beginning of a new one. Letting go of old grudges and resentments. Filling Oneself with a peace. Mindfulness of your inner core. Knowing that you are the earth. The green luscious  grass, the tall swaying wheat, the tree with its roots and limbs, like arms reaching towards the sun. Have you ever noticed all these natural gifts are reaching for the sun.

I am reaching for the sun as natural as anything Mother Nature has given this planet.
I have an innate sense of being. Feeling things others feel. Hurting when others hurt. Happy for the joys that are all around us. When I have been hiking this past year I have noticed that life is everywhere. Not just in my backyard. In my bed. In my mind.

I am wild, a wanderer that needs to be free and share my feelings and have them heard. I will listen to yours, in the wind and rainfall and the music that lights my fire.
I will not let go or surrender the feeling I have that we all know we can do and be better people. I hold onto words like precious jewels a friend once told me. I accept accountability and feel that if I do not hold others to certain standards I feel they know are wrong that I am not living to my potential. And I want you to hold me to certain ideals as well.  That does not mean I love you any less. It means I love you unconditionally and want the best for you.

Wild, on fire, mindful, aware, strong, scared, peace fills my heart. I mean, it has to. I have so much to let go and give away. I also have so much to give in the way of peace and strength.
Take your days one day at a time. It's hard. Don't forget the past, but learn from it. Think of the future, but don't worry about it. Everything you and I need is right here. Just like the Owls and Wolves. We survive because it's our only option. And what sweet surrender to understand this. Be the Earth. Look to the sun. Look to your God. And share your goodness with others. That's the best thing we can do as creatures of this Earth. And also of this amazing time. Enjoy your new year and make it count for something. Most of all love. Love yourself. Love your life, time and friends. Apologize even if you don't think your wrong...Just to maintain peace. Keep it simple and avoid the drama some try to throw at you. Live, love and dream of a better world. And relish in your wild heart. Keep it whole. Like a puzzle the pieces will come together. Keep it real. And never be afraid of your feelings and making them known. We are not mind readers. Intuition is different than mind reading. Trust your gut feelings. And make every minute count my friends, that's what will make you happy and aware. Look at the wild flower on the side of the road...that's me. That flower is you. The clouds, stars, rivers they are you and me. I will enjoy them. Be them. Love myself and love you. Wild and free. Like the wind. Peaceful as a calm breeze. Love love love.




No comments:

Post a Comment