Monday, January 16, 2012

Word and quote of the day

LOVE


This quote is from a book called "love (luv) n." By-Karen Porter Sorenson


"love (luv) n. --because love really is in the eye of the beholder.


This was part of the "street dictionary" the author gathered from random people on the streets in random cities. This is what the little boy said he loved,
"Mama, papa, my brother,my grandmas and grandpa are so lovely, aunts, uncles, cousins, normal toys, trucks, chickens, I like my garden, I like clouds, kitties. I love them. I like trees, plants, grass, houses, paint, ladders, candy, flowers, gardens, Peter Rabbit. I love him.
-Three-Year Old Kai


Wow! How wonderful to be so innocent. Such a pure love. It seems like everyone has lost sight of unconditional love. Many of my friends are now or just recently going through divorce and this makes me think about how much we've lost in this age of globalization. We have so much access to other men and women, with cell phones and computers, online dating. It seems to make it so much easier to give up on our old dreams of wife and kids, and make new dreams. Yes, wouldn't it be fun to go out on a date. No financial worries or kids to worry about, but that just isn't reality. Of course circumstances are different for everyone but relationships are hard work; especially when children are involved. Is it just me or is everyone looking for the easy road. For me it's til death so us part. I am thankful for my family today and every day. Thankful for the beautiful clouds, my health, friends and the little bunny rabbit I saw run across the back yard this morning. Could it have been Peter?

Mem

No comments:

Post a Comment