Friday, January 20, 2012

word and quote of the day



HUMBLE



"You can learn new things at any time in your life if you're willing to be a beginner.  If you actually learn to like being a beginner, THE WHOLE WORLD OPENS UP TO YOU."
-Barbara Sher


i have been reading about blogs, "learning the lingo" so to speak.  i really enjoy blogging almost daily even though there is no rules to follow. what i have learned is that people that read your blog are interested in the person, and want me to be true to myself... be myself.  i feel i have done this, but am going to start giving you little tidbits of me.  what i want is little tidbits of you my readers, as well.  i love feedback, your feelings on things, pictures of you, what you want to know, and if i don't know i will certainly try to find out. lets get to know each other.

for starters, i am beginning to learn new things all the time.  i am an artist.  i paint, do photography- mostly analog- love lomograpy.com.  the best source of analog photos you'll ever find.  my favorite camera is the diana+. i use instagram and hipstamatic apps on my phone, hipstamatic being my favorite!  i do embroidery, and just got a sewing machine and am very excited to learn to sew with the machine rather than by hand (my husband is still threading the machine for me because i just can't get the hang of it).  blogging is new to me.  i love design magazines, dwell, habitus, living etc. to name three of a hundred i read monthly.  love reading books.  collect journals, notebooks, pens; and a lot of time i don't use them they are for me to look at and keep pristine. I also have many, many books. i have three kids- 9, 6 and 1.  they are my true loves.  i will be posting pictures of these things that are important to me soon, i just wanted to let you know where i am coming from in this new blog that i am enjoying immensely.

thanks for reading- mem

No comments:

Post a Comment