Monday, September 17, 2012

The power of one

In twenty years I have never lived alone. Actually I have never lived alone ever. I lived with my parents growing up. I lived with girlfriends In college. A small time w a good for nothing. Then eight glorious years with my best friend Gillian and her sister. Then I moved in with my husband. As of May this year we separated, and I started living alone for the first time ever. Sharing joint custody of our children. It has been so liberating. I make my own decisions and for once, I am proud of myself. This is a positive learning experience and a chance to be who I want to be; , which is a positive addition to my community and a positive influence on my children. I feel this big step is the right path and am thankful that even though I am living on my own I have the support of a wonderful group of friends. But most importantly the support of my wonderful family. Life is hard, but I can choose to make the best of it and hope it inspires other women by showing them that relying on yourself is a profound life lesson. If any one has suggestions or needs advice please comment. I love to hear other ideas on this subject from women and men. As I said, it's a learning experience. I wish everyone the best that is going thru a similar situation. Good luck and most important be happy. As I always say...
Make it happen.
Thanks, Mem

1 comment:

  1. Living on your own is a very good way to know yourself better. To learn how to be at peace with yourself, allowing you to think more clearly! WithoutThe distraction of others we are free to make Positive decisions that lead to a happy life. Self reliance is positive ! knowing you can enjoy your own company as well as others is personal freedom!!!

    ReplyDelete