Saturday, August 9, 2014

Sadness Isn't Contagious


I have been sad for the past few weeks. I would call it depression, but sad is more curious. Easier to explain. I have been so sad that I thought It may be contagious. My friend sat on the couch and watched me sleep night after night. He didn’t catch it. Another friend spent days with me and I laughed and cried and worried, but he didn’t catch it. I realize now it isn’t contagious. It’s only me. My feelings and you who were with me saved me. And cared and didn’t try to make me feel better. You just let me be. So, sadness is real. It’s a freedom we have to feel a certain way at a certain time. I love to have the ability to feel…sad. It’s okay. I will recover. And no one has to make me snap out of it. Just letting me be. Just being there with me. Freedom is ours. Feelings are ours for the taking. We can’t always choose to be happy and there is nothing wrong with that. Today I am happy. Tomorrow who knows. What I do know is that it’s all good. Happy, sad, excited or mad. Just be you at that time and place. The world will still revolve and our moods will resolve.







No comments:

Post a Comment